Dental Crowns and Bridges
A beautiful, confident smile is a huge asset in today’s competitive world, and we can help you achieve it. The first step is to restore broken or missing teeth with crowns and bridges to ensure that your smile is beautiful, healthy, and functions well.
Eat, Speak, and Smile Confidently Again
Chewing, speaking, and smiling are such natural actions that you usually don’t think much about them. That is until your teeth don’t function correctly because they’re damaged, broken, or missing. Then all simple actions become uncomfortable, embarrassing, or even painful.
By customizing porcelain dental crowns and bridges just for you, Dr. Matt Avrit restores healthy, comfortable tooth function and a beautiful appearance.
The Difference between a Crown and Bridge
Crowns and bridges are both tooth restorations, but they have different purposes.
- A porcelain dental crown or tooth cap is a tooth-shaped shell customized to fit over a cracked, broken, or decayed tooth. Since the crown surrounds the tooth down to the gumline, it creates a new surface so you can chew on the tooth again.
- A dental bridge is a tooth replacement that our dentist recommends replacing a single missing tooth or two teeth in a row. Bridges consist of crowns attached to anchor teeth on either side, with an artificial tooth suspended between them.
Why Our Dentist Recommends Dental Crowns
One of our goals is to protect the structure of your teeth for as long as possible. We often recommend tooth fillings, but they may not be enough if the tooth is badly compromised. This is the case when:
- Protect a tooth weakened by extensive decay
- Restore a broken or worn-down tooth
- Support a tooth with a large filling
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Conceal a misshapen tooth
- Restore function to a dental implant
Since our porcelain dental crowns look so natural, we can also use them to make cosmetic changes to your smile.
Steps for Getting a Dental Crown or Bridge
Dr. Avrit uses only the highest quality, premium dental materials to craft our custom tooth crowns and bridges. You can be confident that the result will look seamless and natural and that no one will ever suspect that you’ve had any dental work done.
- The first step is to prepare the tooth by removing a layer of tooth enamel. This makes room for the crown and bridge to ensure that it fits naturally and comfortably.
- Next, we take comfortable digital impressions of the prepared tooth to create a virtual 3-D model. Our dentist in Franklin, TN uses this model to design your temporary and custom crown or bridge.
- We place the temporary crown or bridge on your tooth, and a custom dental lab crafts your final restoration according to our specifications.
- In 2-3 weeks, your new crown or bridge will be ready, and you’ll return to our dental office so Dr. Avrit can cement it securely in place.
How long your tooth restoration lasts depends on how well you take care of it and your general oral health. For example, bridges can last 5-15 years, and dental crowns can last 10-15 years or longer.
Do You Need to Fix Broken or Missing Teeth?
Don’t live with the discomfort of missing teeth or teeth that don’t function well. Call McKay’s Mill Dental to schedule an appointment with Dr. Avrit today!